bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Love's Promise

Love's Promise - Cheryl Holt Easy read, no chores trying to read the book.

As much as a cad that Michael was, I didn't really dislike him. I imagine he is a difficult hero to like, lying to Fanny and treating her like a mistress while he carried on his betrothal plan to the evil Rebecca. I actually thought his relationship with Fanny rather endearing, that is, aside from the lying and dishonorable intentions. He was a far cry from being honorable toward Fanny. Selfish but in love that he was.

But in the last 30% I thought come on Michael isn't it high time you proposed to Fanny already?? He didn't! He knew Fanny was pregnant and ended his unfortunate betrothal to Rebecca, stood up to his father and still, no proposal! I was thinking you ass what is stopping you? You know you love her, she is pregnant with your child, you are no longer under false sense of responsibility to marry Rebecca to save your father, where is that blasted belated proposal to Fanny???

So yeah I have to agree, Michael is not a great hero.