bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever  - Julia Quinn It was all rather sweet, writing definitely on the more sophisticated side in this genre. This whole "why won't you love me" thing got on my nerves. It dragged on for too long.

The characters of Turner and Miranda were inconsistent. But I did not dislike either of them so that was ok. This book reminds me of [b: Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake|6584134|Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)|Sarah MacLean|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1286649993s/6584134.jpg|6777627], where a little girl who felt insecure about her looks was re-assured by a big brother and decided at a tender age that he was THE ONE. But Miranda is not a pathetic heroine like Callie, thank God Almighty. Miranda was poised and had dignity and did give Turner a hard time for being the cad that he was.

The miscarriage was treated waaaayyyy too casually. Turner didn't even ask about what happened! He was told that Miranda "was pregnant before but no longer". That was it!! I was thinking wow you guys are certainily taking this all in stride. So all the "hiding out in Scotland to have the baby and rushing to Scotland to pursue the mother of my child" scene just ended with "she was pregnant but is not anymore"? No "what happened?", no "are you ok?" I have never been pregnant myselft but losing a baby is a TRAUMATIC experience. I was appalled by how cool Turner and Miranda both were about the miscarriage. It was unnatural.

The book has all the Julia Quinn charms which is why I still found the reading experience positive. I won't be gushing about the book but it is worth a read.