bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Dancing on Coals

Dancing on Coals - Ellen O'Connell I feel awful about rating this book 2 stars. I don't usually suffer from guilt when I give low ratings.

This book was a VERY interesting read for me. I had no connections to the characters but wanted to read on. Usually I just quit. But I guess the setup is so different from my usual genre that I was compelled to go on.

I have to say I didn't like Katherine. I cannot say that I understand her behaviors and thought process. The plots seemed disconnected to me. I didn't get the romance either. He liked her?? When did that happen? The hero didn't get to any page space until 30% into the book. I am very curious about him as a character but I got a lot of heroine instead, who I didn't like.

I skim-read the last 30%, no longer caring what happened to the characters. I am not certain what went wrong. I wanted to read on but the more I read the more disappointed I was. I wanted to connect with the characters but they keep eluding me. Sigh......it's just not meant to be.