bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Sins of a Ruthless Rogue

Sins of a Ruthless Rogue - Anna Randol I read the first book of the series yesterday and I was confused. I felt I liked the book but I was reluctant to say that I did. I skim-read a lot, and that is never a good sign. I had reservation about the characterization of the heroine. I finished the book feeling.....well, confused.

So I decided to read the second book, which is this one. Then I knew.

It is the way Anna Randol tells a story. I keep wanting to skip ahead. And her books are not slow-paced at all. This book is gracefully fast-paced. The heor and heroine reunited, not in a blissful way. Then a few pages later heroine was kidnapped and off the story went. I really appreciate it when the romance stories stay focused on the couple and keep a reasonably fast pace.

But as fast-paced as this book is, I still wanted to skip ahead. Something in her prose is bugging me, making me impatient. I cannot be more specific than that. :(

I thought a different set of characters would endear the book to me more. And this book features a hero who was betrayed by the heroine, his young love and came back for revenge. Somehow it should have worked better for me than Madeline and Grabiel from the first book. But I still feel kind of blah about it.

I guess it will be a while before I return to Anna Randol's books. Her books are not written poorly at all. They just don't speak in my frequency.