bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction - Christina Dodd I am giving this book 3 generous stars, because Christina Dodd succeeded in creating 2 very intriguing characters. I would have given 2 stars for the storyline, but for the writing and characterization, I am willing to go up.

So here goes, Dougald and Hannah entered into matrimony when Hannah was 18. She ran away from Dougald 6 months after they got married and for 9 years they had been separated.

The story started where Hannah had been away from Dougald for 9 years. The initial scene where Douglad and Hannah really caught me off guard and I thought it was really cool. It certainly piqued my inteerest.
i find Dougald and Hannah both very strong characters. Their personalities are defined and motivations understandble.

But in this book Christina Dodd devoted too much time on the mystery and not enough time on how they reconciled the differences. Too many details about the aunts and the Queen, not enough Dougald and Hannah. They had such baggage and needed most of the story to make peace with the past and be ready for the future. The book did not offer them this opportunity. Instead we read about a mystery and their interactions with other people. I think it is really a shame. With proper relationship development, this book had a very cool premise, strong characters and good writing.