bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Temptation in a Kilt

Temptation in a Kilt - Victoria Roberts I do not enjoy saying what I am doing to say but........

This book was amateurish at best.

This is a extremely typical highland romance with tried plots, only with a rather podgy heroine. I don't know why the heros are always so handsome and the heroines have to be sometimes plain and chubby. I guess it is the female version of the beauty and the beast?

I could have probably overlooked the boring plotline if the relatioship was romantic enough. But the book is also sorely lacking in that department. The writing is amateurish. The auther kept using pharses like "How do you fare?", "Are you well?", "She has been through much", "There is that". It got really annoying. I am not a writer and I imagine writing must be difficult. But when I shell out 6 euros to buy a book, I do expect writing above a certain quality. I mean, if a writer is not good at writing, how can they call themselves writers? Repeatedly using the same phrases over and over again just makes me doubt the publisher's decision to publish such a book.