bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

McAlistair's Fortune

McAlistair's Fortune   - Alissa Johnson I don't have a lot to say about this book. It is rather simple in design and requires little emotional investment. It was a rather mindless read. With little surprise in the offering, I was mildly bored but the lead characters are both warm people. It was easy to follow their story.

Evie and James both have been admiring each other from afar, but never told each other. They shared 1 kiss in the woods and both were unable to forget about it. When they saw each other again, they both pretended that the kiss was a distant memory. Evie was running from someone who wanted to hurt her. Why? It hardly signifies. The point is that, James went along to protect her on her journey. They had the time to spend in each other's company. Danger lurking in the dark corners, love growing between Evie and James. All in all, very sweet.

Since I got the book on Kindle Unlimited, I cannot complain much. I did not love the book. It is a rather bland story for me. But the characters are easy to like and I did not mind reading about how they came to care deeply about each other. It is harmless little romance. I probably will not be in a hurry to read other books in the series, nor would I read this book again. But I did not hate it.