bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Never Trust a Pirate

Never Trust a Pirate  - Anne Stuart I think Ms. Anne Stuart is just one of those writers who I should probably avoid. Every time I read her books, I always like her writing, but have major problems with the plots or characterization. Either the plots are too loose for me or I find the characters unattractive.

This is the 2nd book I read in her Scandal at the House of Russell series. The first book in the book was a no go for me. I read about half of it and gave it 2 stars out of respect of her writing. This book is slightly better for me because I like Madeleine better than her older sister. It is still the same ruse: heroine infiltrating the "enemy's" house as a maid/housekeeper. Captain Morgan, aka Luca, does not seem so much like a sleazeball like the hero in the first book. God knows why. It is all very confusing. I wanted to love the book. For a writer whose writing I can appreciate, it is really a shame that I never warm up to her plots or characters.

The story itself would have gotten 2 stars from me but I am adding one more again, out of respect of Anne Stuart's writing.

I will not be reading the youngest sister, Sophie's book. She seems flightly in her sisters' stories and I prefer my heroines to act like adults.