bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

True to the Highlander

True to the Highlander  - Barbara Longley This book is great with all the Highland glory. Great hero and wonderful romance. BUT, I have a major problem with time travels. Or more precisely, anything contemporary. The heroine time-travelled from current day New York to medieval Scotland. I just cannot get over it. I kept imagining a woman in jeans (even though she was at a fair and I assume, was appropriately attired for the time travel) and t-shirt. When she played Vivaldi on her violin in the keep I literally groaned. The Four Seasons and a medieval castle? Both are too real to me to mix with something as distant as time travels.

I think what really bothered me was not time travels. It was the contemporary element that screwed it for me. I do not read anything contemporary. If I do then it must be a rare event and most probably because I am interested in something specific. The book had no chance.