bluetenknospe

The Hawk and the Dove
Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)

McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1) - Connie Brockway I have read only 2 books from Connie Brockway and found them both reasonably enjoyable. I did not enjoy this book though.

I was not able to enjoy the book because:

1. The writing seems unnecessarily cryptic to me. I felt that I had to "guess" what she meant. While I appreciate the depth, I was never certain whether my "interpretation" was correct and that made it very hard to follow the story.

2. The plots were not very interesting. I found myself not caring so much about what was happening. The tension or the suspense just was not present.

3. The lead characters turned rather annoying at about 40%, especially the heroine. She became too indignant for my taste.

I struggled to finish the book because I did not really want to know what was going to happen. There is one thing that I did like: the first few chapters of the book. Connie Brockway wrote about the "origins" of the 3 brothers and sister and the backdrop of the series. I actually enjoyed that part more than I did the romance.

I will still read Connie Brockway but I will skip the series, I guess.