bluetenknospe

The Hawk and the Dove
Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Once Upon a Wedding Night (The Derrings, #1)

Once Upon a Wedding Night (The Derrings, #1) - Sophie Jordan My 3 stars is a generous rating. I have read a few books from Ms. Jordan and can say that I only really liked the first one I read. Everything else is a little almost too light for me. With little substance, lots of sex for no reasons and rather superficial characters.

THe blurb says pretty much what the story is about. Meredith at 25 is a virgin widow. Comes Nick, her brother-in-law, supposedly a brooding hero with a dark past. I say "supposedly" because other than his parents divorcing and his mother having to whore herself to feed them, no explanation was offered. We are just supposed to feel that Nick is a dark character with a dark past and everything is dark in his world. They meet, they want to sleep with each other for no reasons, she lies, he believes her, he finds out she is lying, gets pissed off and wants to get rid of her, so he decides to marry her off. London, marriage mart, the ton, gossips, inconsequential male who serves as Nick's opponent in love. And no there is no love because Nick said so. And there is love because Ms. Jordan said so.

I did read the entire book, albeit rather quickly. There is not much to digest. There are ups and downs. Just a rather unimpressive story about t rather unimpressive characters. A harmless light read. Keep your expectations low. It is a 3 hour timepass. I probably won't remember this story after tomorrow.