bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

The Highlander's Temptation

The Highlander's Temptation - Eliza Knight I started reading this book in a boxed set only to realize that I have read it in, yet another boxed set. But I recall the story soon enough. It is amazing how you remember little details about a book.

Cut to the chase, heart of the matter, the book is predictable. Standard plots with characters all too amiable with each other. I do not like when the lead characters are constantly fighting with each other. God no, better amiable characters with constant conflicts. But I do prefer a little more grits between the leads than this book. Jamie and Lorna fell in love rather quickly and the relationship is all too sweet. Obstscles are there alright. But Jamie and Lorna were just IN LOVE. And the story was about how they fought with everyone else to be together. Strangely enough I have read other books where lead characters are just so smitten with each other but I don't know......something is missing in Jamie and Lorna's story for me. I think it is the fact that they had very little reconciliation to do with themselves. It didn't take them long to fall in love, or to fall in love at all. They were just there, they met and they were in love. It happened in 1 second. That was early in the book too. I was then left to muddle through the book, reading about how they longed to be together and were kept apart and fought to be together and oh did I mention that they wanted to be together?

This is not to say this is a poor book. I liked Ms Knight's writing. The book reads well. A pleasant read if you like to read about people who are devoted to each other from the beginning and never had to reconcile with themselves about how they feel for the other person. I look forward to Ms Knight's other works, even thought she writes books that are just a tad shorter than how I like my books to be. But the boxed set should help me ignore that. :D