bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

The Highlander's Reward

The Highlander's Reward - Eliza Knight This is just my second book from the author and I am already getting the distinct feeling that Ms Knight likes to write about people who are just so so in love. Struggles are minimal. Conflicts are superficial and equally superficially resolved. Because once you have great sex, come on, we are meant to be together and let's all throw past reservations about love to the wind. How can you not believe in love after you have great sex? Ms. Knight creates sweet characters though. Her characters are charming but rather unblessed with a mediocre story.
I have another 5 books from her to go through in the boxed set. I am continuing just to confirm my suspicion: her heros and heroines fall in love quickly and have sex all the time in rather unimpressive plots. I also feel that the characters act way too modern. Do people in the 12th century really say things like: "Your thought process is flawed."?? That does not sound a little 21st century to you? Not historical enough for me. There is a reason I don't read contemporary novels. And I prefer my historical romances to have their historical flavors.
All that being said, writing is not bad. it's the plot and character development that are lacking. Ms Knight's writing is not in question.I do look forward to her future books and hope to read books with more depth in characters and plots.