bluetenknospe

The Hawk and the Dove
Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Ravished by a Highlander (Children Of The Mist, #1)

Ravished by a Highlander (Children Of The Mist, #1) - Paula Quinn I gave this book 4 stars but I think it is more a 3-3.5 stars book really, unless you are a highland nut like me.

I like Paula Quinn's writing well enough. Her style is one of those that speaks to me. This book, very much like its predecessor, Laird of the Mist, is a typical highland romance, with a very very brave hero Robert, and a fragile damsel in distress, Davina. Robert saves Davina, falls in love with her, knowing the danger it entails but vows to protect her. The plots are done frequently and I did not find any surprises in the story. But I enjoyed reading it well enough because it is the kind of story that gives me a pleasant reading experience. But I will be honest, it probably is not worth the 4 stars I gave it.

However, if you are looking for straight forward easy reads featuring brooding brave highland heros and beautiful fragile gentle ladies and their tender love stories, you will like this book. The writing is solid, pacing normal to fast and Ms Quinn paints a very beautiful landscape of Skye.

I will continue with the series because the writing soothes me. But I will space them generously because lassies, we can only have so many rough highlanders before we start to wonder: when does fiercely protective become overbearingly annoying?