bluetenknospe

The Hawk and the Dove
Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)

Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3) - Sophie Jordan Disclaimer: the book does not deserve 4 stars.

However, I am giving it 4 stars for the chemistry. Sophie Jordan seems to be good at creating lead characters that have strong pulls between them. I liked the characters well enough, while male lead signifincalt outshines the female lead. It reminds me of [b:seven nights in a rogue's bed|13512914|Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)|Anna Campbell|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1330992816s/13512914.jpg|19067988], where great sex presides over romance. You know they want each other, but you don't know why.

And for that, the book gets 3 stars for character development. I flipped through this book in less than 4 hours. But this is until 2am. So you see my dilemma. On one hand you really feel the pull between them, how they need each other and how the male character cannot let her out of his sight. On the other hand, the plots are thin, reasoning weak and many pages can be skipped. 2 good characters with great chemistry, wasted in this book. They are left hanging without a strong plot to support the development of their relationship. So they must make up for it by engaging in a lot of sexual activities. Overall a very weak and bland book, but the chemistry is not to be ignored. The story pulls at your stomach and is not without its tender moments. Ash kniving little wooden fingures for Margueritte = so very sweet (although I have to say Harry Pye in [b: the leopard prince|156565|The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)|Elizabeth Hoyt|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1311811634s/156565.jpg|2673256] does a much better job).

This is not a great book. At best, a ok timepass. I need more complexity in my romance novels. More coming to terms with oneself, with a relationship that threatens your life-long beliefs. Great sex is, well, great. But from lust to love, show us how the characters have made that journey and leap of faith despite their better judgements.