bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Deep Waters

Deep Waters - Jayne Ann Krentz I read this book many many years ago and it is my only comtemporary romance by any writers in my entire life. I do not read contemporary anything, unless it comes highly recommended by someone whose reading tastes I know for certain that I share. And I loved this book. I think this conveys how great an impression this book made on me.

A successful business woman decided to leave her city life behind and "look for herself", I guess you could say that. She meets a man who is quiet and mysterious. They met each other, had conflicting position on an issue, but got to know each other.

This book has exactly what I love in a story: a strong heroin who is not a hysterical feminist and a quiet hero who reserves his strength for things that matter. Classic good writing. No fights, just disagreements. And a little danger and mystery.

I really have no interest in contemporary stories but this is one book that really really caught my attention and I still remember the story fondly.