bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Unveiled

Unveiled - Courtney Milan In all truthfulness I wanted to give the book a 3 stars. But I don't think that would be fair for the book. The book itself is a great fun to read. It has substance, so you must take time to digest. It's written well, so you are not struggling to follow the writing. It's just not the kind of story that makes me ache for. But again, I want to be fair to the book. It is a 4 stars book in its own right. But for me it was a 3 stars kind of reading experience.

I will say a few things that bothered me:

1. Ash isn't upset that Margaret lied about her identity?? I mean not even a little?? He doesn't need 15 minutes to recover??
2. Margaret's brother Richard sacrificed her to gain back his dukedom. Soooo unattractive.
3. Ash's unwavering love. I can accept that he had "instincts" about Margaret. and I think it's nice for once to read a hero who is not heartless. But love isn't always pretty. Love hurts and ridicules. It does with Margaret. But Ash is all loving and forgiving. I find it a bit odd, considering the context.

I like the book for another reason: it grabs you but is asking you to take the time to read. Some books of similar length are sweet and all but oh so very brainless. you go through them like breakfast. this book is dinner material.