bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

And Then He Kissed Her

And Then He Kissed Her - Laura Lee Guhrke I liked the story well enough, because it was written well.

I do not like the story intensely, because it is trying to be modern.

I am reading a historical romance. If I want to read about a man who has commitment issues and prefers to having an affair in the countryside on the weekend with his mistress, I don't need to read. I just talk to the women I know. Examples are plenty.

And I just do not buy that all of a sudden the man wants to get married because "he realized he loves her". I am sorry, how often do you see it happening? The story is trying to be so modern that I have to see the characters in the modern day light. And I cannot bring myself to believe that the male lead would change his mind just like that.

And seriously, a working aristocrat and his prim and proper secretary turned harlot, really??

Writing is good. I respect that. Hence the 3 stars. But the story sucks big time. I disliked the female lead intensely. The only good thing I can say about her is that she decided to end the relationship. God woman, never let a man treat you this way. Tell him to go f himself.

I know the scenario happens all the time. And there is nothing wrong with it. I just don't want to read about it. It's too close to what I see everyday. Men like this hold absolutely no appeal. Not then, not now.