bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Once More, My Darling Rogue

Once More, My Darling Rogue - Lorraine Heath I want to say that, with my 3 star review and a subject: "almost good", this is a very touching story. I am moved by the lead characters, who helped each other to overcome their dark pasts. I am not much for a ruined heroin. There is much suffering in the world and I don't want to have to read about it in my books too. But Ms. Heath managed. She convinced me of salvation, of equality and of courage.
That being said, what made me give it a 3 star though, I did not feel the strong emotional connections between the lead characters. There are some, but not strong enough for me. I also agree with other reviews that the heroin is exceedingly annoying in the first 30% of the book. Obnoxious, overbearing and belittling. Very very unbecoming. I did manage to like her later. I have to say though, the attempt of using "being molested at a young age" to explain "being extremely annoying and disrespectful as an adult" did not really convince me.
Good writing though.
And what a wonderful tale of courage.