bluetenknospe

Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

By Any Other Name

By Any Other Name - Kathryn Loch I personally liked the book, mostly because I liked the characters a lot. They exhibit what I respond to in people: kindness and inner strength. The love story is difficult because the circumstances are difficult. The lead characters overcame their emotional turmoil rather quickly, which I appreciated. I am giving a rating that's based on my reading experience, I give it 4 stars.
I do however think the book itself leaves much to be desired. While they overcame the problems quickly, the plots seem unlikely. Nobody overcomes betrayals just like that. I think the writer wanted to push the story forward at the cost of plot development.
I read many reviewers say this is how you write a medieval romance. I tend to agree. It is a sweet knight in the shining armor kind of story with a damsel in distress. It's soothing in a way but I can imagine more demanding readers might find it boring and lack of depth.
I did not mind the story so much but I can relate to the characters very well and that saved the book for me. If you like feisty heroins, do pass it up. Kate is a damsel in serious crap and Micah is the prefect knight. There is much tenderness and soft emotions which I like. I think that helped me through this book. The writing is good, Kathryn Lock writes characters and relationships that I gravitate toward to. The raving reviews seem to be all of similar minds. The story is really good if this is your kind of story.