bluetenknospe

The Hawk and the Dove
Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Radiance (Wraith Kings Book 1)

Radiance (Wraith Kings Book 1) - Mel Sanders, Lora Gasway, Isis Sousa, Grace Draven This is a very cool story. I was a little disgusted reading about the Kai, this wraith-like race. Brishen the hero is a Kai and Ildiko, the heroine is a human royal. The cover actually helped me picture Brishen in my mind and I don't find the cover so bad like other reviewers. I did have trouble picturing Brishen. How would one look like with gray skin, claws and fangs? Having watch stargate atlantis, my mental picture for the wraiths is not very attractive.

But somehow Draven painted a fanscinating world. Despite my initial reservation, I am really curious about the Kai and enjoy getting to know them as a people. I came to love Brishen, pretty much like how Ildiko came to love Brishen too.

Many other reviewers have described the plots well. It is not a complicated book but has fantastic characterization. I echo other reviewers' sentiment that both Brishen and Ildiko are wonderfully mature and practical. There is no misunderstanding. They started the marriage in friendship and slowly grew to admire and love each other. I find the relationship development very endearing. Very nicely done.

I was not blown away reading this book but found the story highly entertaining. I like both lead characters a lot and really enjoy reading about them together and how they came together. It is a very unusual romance novel and I had great fun reading it.