bluetenknospe

The Hawk and the Dove
Virginia Henley
A Dangerous Love
Sabrina Jeffries

Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin)

Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin) - Anna Campbell How do you rate great sex and poor character develpoment?

It is hard for me to rate this book. One thing up front, this book is SEXY. But I think that is exactly why it fell a little flat in plots and characterization. There is plenty of sex appeal in the book and I think Campbell did a good job in illustrating the attraction. But how did they go from lust to love? I was not convinced that the female character had it in her to "melt his frozen heart" so to speak.
Another thing that Campbell did great was the anguish, the "please don't go" and "I cannot stay." While the reasoning was weak, the emotions are strong. I had trouble understanding why they chose to suffer but felt their anguish in deciding to do so.
I had the feeling that to keep them trapped with each other in the first half of the book created the story backdrop and the opportunity for them to get to know each other, which is great and all. But then the interaction between them has to be a lot more than just "I am so hot for you". Without secondary characters to support characterization, the lead characters must have interactions that go deeper than sex.
This is not to say that Ms Campbell did not do all that. My impression is that she did, but it was not convincing enough for me.
Overall a ok story. This is not what I would call a keeper but most definitely not an awful read. I will continue to read a few more books from Ms. Campbell to see whether she focuses more on characterization in later books.